Kitsilano Condo Market Update October 2012
Below are the October 2012 sales absorption statistics for the Kitsilano condo market. For information on the Kitsilano houses market, visit KitsHouses.ca. Curious to know how the Vancouver real estate market is doing? Sign up for our monthly sales absorption report which covers Downtown, West Van, the North Shore, and the East and West side of the city.
- Statistics are for attached property in Kits only; this includes apartments, condos, townhomes and multi-family units such as duplexes and triplexes
- October 2012 Kitsilano condo sales absorption was 7.55%, which represents 13.25 months of supply (strong buyer's market)
- There were 331 listings and 25 sales; a decrease of 7 listings and 4 sales from September
- Average sales price was $811,312, an increase of $199,190 (32.54%) from September's average
- Most active listings were properties priced between $800,001 - $900,000
- Average DOM for October was 34 days; properties sold 6 days faster than in September
Since last month, we've changed the way we calculate "sold" properties. Instead of using the "process date" which is the day the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) processes the sale, we're using the "search date", the day the Seller accepts the deal and signs the contract.